Community Birth Educators welcomes all potential participants regardless of religion, color, or orientation. This program is great for individuals with both clinical and non-clinical health backgrounds. The seminar will build on your maternal health knowledge by adding evidence-based information, principles of adult education, basic business and marketing skills, and interactive teaching strategies. After the seminar, participants will be able to offer engaging, transformative, evidence-based birth education to meet the needs of their community.
The following are required for completion of the program:
- Complete online assignments prior to your scheduled seminar.
- Attend and fully participate in the 2 day in-person training seminar.
- Prepare and present a 5-10 minute teaching presentation during the seminar.
The following are highly recommended:
- Observe at least one birth. An alternative for participants with L&D or RN experience is to complete a journaling/reflection assignment.
- Observe a childbirth class taught by a certified Lamaze educator.