Take a DCBD childbirth class instead of a hospital-based childbirth class
20% off childbirth classes with the purchase of a birth doula package
- We are all Lamaze trained childbirth educators
- We are all DONA doulas with experience working at all of the local hospitals
- We are independent educators not beholden to any institutions or their policies
- We focus on hands-on practical education inspired by years of in-person doula support
- We provide evidence-based instruction free from personal agenda
Comprehensive Childbirth Classes:
Our comprehensive classes cover normal physiological birth, common interventions, hospital procedures, comfort measures, labor positions, pain medication options, and cesarean birth in an interactive learning environment. We prepare you to navigate and use modern medicine wisely - using evidence and not fear. Classes include videos of stages of birth, group work, games, plenty of time to practice and explore comfort measures, massage, and breathing techniques. Fee includes pregnant person plus a support person.
Comprehensive 1-day Intensive DC
$250 at The Well, 3220 17th St NW, #10, DC. Saturdays, 10am-5pm.
Comprehensive 1-day Intensive Alexandria, VA
$250 at Yoga in Daily Life, 2402 Mount Vernon Ave, Alexandria, VA. Saturdays, 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm.
Comfort Measures Workshop
$149 9am-12pm @ The Well 3220 17th St NW, #10, DC
A 3-hr practical hands-on workshop focusing on positions and techniques to find comfort and help labor progress. Great as a supplementary class to practice labor skills near the end of pregnancy or as a refresher course for repeat parents. Fee includes pregnant person plus a support person. Classes taught by doula Kelsey Johnson Ogenia.